From $ 3295.00 /
£ 2195.00 per person
Great discounts on Last Minute Galapagos Cruises Contact us for more information.
In summary: One of our most popular tours combining two of South America's top attractions. Cruise to Galapagos Islands then head into the mountains of Peru for a Machu Picchu Tour.
This is a sample itinerary, there are many options for Galapagos Islands cruises. All of our tours are custom made, contact our experts to get your personalised Galapagos Islands Cruise and Machu Picchu Tour itinerary.
- See extraordinary wildlife close up on a Galapagos Islands tour
- Swim with turtles, sea lions and sharks.
- Immerse yourself in history and culture in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Explore magnificent Inca ruins at your own pace in your free time after your Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1. Arrive in Guayaquil
Arrive into Guayaquil; the largest city in Ecuador. Private transport to your hotel.
Day 2. Fly to Galapagos Islands
Fly to the Galapagos Islands and transfer to your boat. Excursions begin the same day.
Day 3. Galapagos Islands Cruise
Exact itineraries vary between vessels but typical activities on cruises to Galapagos islands include;
- Swimming on pristine beaches with frolicking sea lions
- Walking through the woods with giant tortoises
- Snorkelling to get a closer look at sharks and tropical fish
- Learning about the dance of the blue footed booby with your naturalist guide
- Tripping over iguanas and sally light foot crabs on isolated beaches
- Watching the sun go down over Kicker Rock from the on deck bar
Day 4. Galapagos Islands Tours
Day 5. Galapagos Islands Tours
Day 6. Guayaquil
Say goodbye to the Galapagos and fly to Guayaquil; Ecuador’s busy and exciting biggest city.
Day 7. Cusco
Fly to Lima for your Cusco connection. Watch out for the snow capped Andes as you head high into the mountains. In Cusco we will pick you up and take you to your city centre hotel.
Day 8. Cusco Tour
On your tour of the highlights of Cusco you will see the incredible blend of Inca and Colonial history played out in every street. Visit Koricancha; the Inca temple once covered in gold, the huge stones of the fortress of Sacsayhuaman and Cusco Cathedral; one of the most spectacular in all the Americas.
Day 9. The Sacred Valley
The Sacred Valley is a beautiful green valley surrounded by towering snow capped mountains. It was an important farming and communication area for the Incas and is full of important and spectacular sites such as the massive terraces at Ollanataytambo and the beautifully crafted temple at Pisac which protected the route to Machu Picchu. The valley retains a lot of local traditions and in the busy Pisac market you can see many local crafts on sale and locals in their colorful traditional clothes. Spend the whole day discovering this fascinating area including lunch in a pretty riverside setting.
Day 10. Machu Picchu Tour
Travel by train through spectacular gorges to visit Machu Picchu. We give you a fully guided tour of the ruins to enable you to appreciate the skill and symbolism of the sanctuary. You then have time alone to explore as you wish or just enjoy the breathtaking views.
Day 11. Machu Picchu
Visiting Machu Picchu is a once in a lifetime experience so why rush it? This second visit to the site gives you the chance to climb Huayna Picchu for spectacular views of Machu Picchu, or take a walk away from the crowds to the Inca Bridge. Travel by train back to Cusco so you can enjoy your final night in this exciting and varied city.
Day 12. Lima
Well pick you up in Lima and take you to your city center hotel near some of the best dining and shopping in Peru.
Day 13. Fly home
Transfer to the airport for your international flight home.
- Safe private transfers
- All tours as described with a professional english speaking guide
- Breakfast and other meals where specified
- Full meals on Galapagos cruise
- All entry fees apart from Galapagos National Park,
- International and domestic flights. Price and schedule depend on your travel dates, please ask us for a Quote